In the last week I played a bit with UDD (Ultimate Debian Database). After some experiments I did a script to generate a daily report about source packages in Debian. This report is useful to choose a package that needs help.
The daily report has six sections:
- Sources in Debian Sid (including orphan)
- Sources in Debian Sid (only Orphan, RFA or RFH)
- Top 200 sources in Debian Sid with outdated Standards-Version
- Top 200 sources in Debian Sid with NMUs
- Top 200 sources in Debian Sid with BUGs
- Top 200 sources in Debian Sid with RC BUGs
The first section has several important data about all source packages in Debian, ordered by last upload to Sid. It is very useful to see packages without revisions for a long time. Other interesting data about each package are Standards-Version, packaging format, number of NMUs, among others. Believe it or not, there are packages uploaded to Sid for the last time 2003! (seven packages)
With the report, you can choose a ideal package to do QA uploads, NMUs or to adopt.
Well, if you like to review packages, this report is for you: https://people.debian.org/~eriberto/udd/help_a_package.html. Enjoy!